Giving Faculty the Tools to Teach
UC Davis is dedicated to helping faculty grow as effective educators in undergraduate and graduate teaching. Through the Office of Undergraduate Education, faculty members are supported by have access to campus initiatives and units that support instruction.
Undergraduate Education is also charged with academic planning in support of course availability and classroom management. Academic Technology 体彩手机在线怎么下载 offers instructional technology and media services, both independently and in partnership with Undergraduate Education. Other units that support faculty in teaching include the University Registrar, Graduate Studies and Student Affairs.
Academic advising is a responsibility shared by faculty and UC Davis’ professional advising staff. More than half of our students will change majors, many of them transferring from one college to another.
- Office of Academic Advising: Although advising is administered within each college, this office provides a centralized organization to establish shared standards, enhance training opportunities for all who advise, share information, and develop cross-college advising communication and technology.
- OASIS (Online Advising Student Information System): Also information about advising committees (technology, assessment, etc.), conferences, contacts, and a robust program of workshops, coffee talks, etc.
- Workshops, training, and professional development
- Advising Technology: Links to OASIS and the Advising Technology Task Force
- College academic advising
- Graduate Student Mentoring at Critical Transitions
- Advising for international students: Each college has at least one designated academic adviser for international students. The Pre-Arrival Guide for International Students also links to presentations for incoming international students.
- Career Preparation Advising
- This page also has information about advising committees (technology, assessment, etc.), conferences, and a program of workshops, coffee talks and contacts.
- Classroom Guide: Listing the 129 campus general assignment classrooms and assists faculty in meeting their instructional goals
- Facilities Customer Support Center: Renovations, reporting issues with facilities
- Report a classroom problem
- Scheduling Guide
Grades, courses, textbooks
- SmartSite Course Management: Smart Site is transitioning to the UC Davis Canvas learning management system starting in fall term 2016. It replaces SmartSite, which will remain available for use until spring 2017.
- Integrated Curriculum Management System: To submit new, update or discontinue course requests; courses published in the General Catalog
- Online Grade-Change Tool
- Final grade submission
- ACE: the Online Tool for Course Evaluations
- General Education Requirements
- New/Modified Course Approval Submission
- Academic Senate Committee on Course & Instruction
- More resources from the University Registrar
- TA’s Guide to Effective Teaching at UC Davis
- Workshops and Communities for TAs
- International and Academic English: Information for international graduate students preparing to serve as TAs
- Academic Technology 体彩手机在线怎么下载
- Computing resources
- EdTech Commons: Resources for Teaching with Technology
- Report a problem in a computer classroom
- Faculty Technology Guide
- Center for Educational Effectiveness (formerly the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning) offers consultations, workshops, grants and other resources.
- Instructional success: Consultations, workshops, grants, teaching communities
- Course innovation: Course redesign, teaching with technology, innovative classrooms, adaptive learning
- Evaluating learning: Testing services, support for assessing student learning
- Educational analytics: Tools for evidence-based decision making in curricula and instruction
- Academic Assessment: Consultations, information and tools to for inquiry into student learning and educational effectiveness, inform program improvement, and increase opportunities for students to learn
- Instructional Needs Funding
- International and Academic English: Consultations and publications for faculty needing support for teaching students for whom English is a second language