More than half of UC Davis students work on a special project or conduct research with a faculty member in the course of their undergraduate education. You can engage in hands-on research through internships, independent study courses, programs Beyond the Classroom or by reaching out directly to faculty and researchers. With so many ways to connect, our Undergraduate Research Center is available to point you in the right direction and help you get started. Take a look at a handful of our highlights.
- Our Undergraduate Research Center facilitates research opportunities through advising, referrals and educational programs. The center also provides resources such as listings of faculty research interests, sponsored research, summer opportunities and information on research-related grants and fellowships.
- The Center for Leadership Learning will help you develop your leadership skills, giving you the confidence and ability to be a successful researcher.
- The Provost's Undergraduate Fellowship (PUF) awards grants of up to $1,800 to undergraduate students conducting research or creative projects under the guidance of UC Davis faculty members. Students from all academic disciplines are eligible to apply.
- The UC Leadership Excellence through Advanced Degrees (UC LEADS) program provides math, engineering and science students with educational experiences that prepare them to assume positions of leadership in industry, government, public service and academia.
Research and publishing go hand-in-hand. Whether publication is the impetus for taking on a research project or you want to share the results of your research, the campus offers several avenues to promote your hard work:
- Explorations, the UC Davis Undergraduate Research Journal, presents students with a vehicle for publishing their academic research articles.
- Prized Writing is an annual publication of the University Writing Program, and presents UC Davis student writings as diverse as the dynamics of hairstyles to the dangers of worker's compensation.
- The Aggie Transcript is an online forum for undergraduate students to share news, original writing and art related to the life sciences.
- The Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Conference is an annual academic showcase in which undergraduate students present their research findings.
- is a student-run campus newspaper that publishes daily online and weekly in print. This publication provides hands-on experience for students interested in journalism, reporting and other aspects of newspaper design and production.
- Other online student publications include, .